Electronic Project need power supply and in some cases, you might need to step down or buck the voltage. Example from 12V battery (Sealed Lead Acid or Li-po), step down voltage to 5V and power RC Servo motor that requires quite high current :) or in some cases, you will need to buck the voltage from Solar panel and charge power bank or even Arduino.
Well, this XL4005 Adjustable buck convert will helps you. Comes with all neccesary components to assist you in stepping down the Vin, it supports upto 5A (maximum) output current. The on board multiturn (high percision) potentiometer/variable resistor/adjustable resistor offers an easy to adjust method to change the target(output) step down/buck voltage. You can easily adjust the output voltage with a flat screw driver or test pen. We recommend using screw driver set that comes with multiple size and shape of screw driver.
This buck converter supports wide range of input voltage from 5V to 32VDC, and is able to buck/step down voltage to 0.8V~24V.
Note: This is a buck/step down converter, Input Voltage should be greater than Output Voltage even it is adjustable.
According to XL4005 datasheet, the maximum ouptut current is 5A, but from our test, it can deliver 4.0A for around 10 seconds. But we do recommend maintain it at around maximum 4A output current. It will need additional heatsink if output current is more than 3.0A continuously.
Since it is switching module (SMPS, Switch Module Power Supply) and switching at 300KHz, it offers high power efficiency, maxixum of 90%.
Note: The module comes without screw terminal for Vin and Vout, you will need to use crocodile clip or solder wire to respective pad. Please measure the Vout using multimeter and adjust it to desire voltage, then only apply to load.
Features and Spec:
- Module properties: non-isolated step-down module (BUCK or Step Down)
- Input voltage: DC 5 - 32V
- Output Voltage: DC 0.8 -24V ( adjustable )
- Output current: 0 to 5A; Max. 5A (Heat sink required)
- Output power: 75W ( more than 50W please add heat sink )
- Operating Frequency: 300KHz
- Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ +85°C
- Load regulation: S(I) ≤0.8%
- Voltage regulation: S(u) ≤0.8%
- Conversion efficiency : Max 90%
- Short cuircuit protection: Yes (max current 8A)
- Over heat protection: Yes (cut off output when over heat)
- Light indicator : Yes, Output
- 1 x XL4005 SMPS Adjustable 5A Buck Converter