DE-LIDAR TF02 is a newly developed product based on the widespread application experience. It is a unidirectional laser rangefinder, which based on ToF (Time of Flight) technology. It is comprised of particular optical and electrical devices that make it stable, high sensitivity and high precision. ToF is the abbreviation for Time of Flight. This is a distance measurement method that measures the time that it takes for light to travel from the sensor and bounce back. The distance value between object and sensor is easy to get by calculating the time difference or phase difference between emission and reflection, so does the in-depth information.
Figure 1: TF02 Optical Stimulation Light Path
The protection design of the TF 02 is based on the IP 65 level, which prevents it from dust, water, and corrosion. It is anti-interferential from the strong light outdoors. It can work under 100K lux light without interference from the temperature, humidity, light, electronics, and airflow. High sensitivity, measuring distance up to 22 meters, accuracy in cm level. Scanning frequency up to 100Hz, real-time detection of distance with a 100 times/second refresh rate for more accurate data. TF02 has a complete system, containing a protective shell made of materials with a high transmittance of infrared, which doesn't affect the optical performance.
Table 3: Optical Properties
TF02’s signal acceptance angle is 3˚, so LiDAR’s detection angle is 3˚. The side lengths of different distance detection ranges (the detection range takes on a square shape) are shown as below in the table.
Detection Range (Acceptance Angle) Diagram
Note: the distance in the table stands for the vertical distance between LiDAR and the detected object, with the meter as a unit. The side length unit of the detection range is cm. Generally, the side length of the detected object should be greater than that of the detection range. Only in this way the LiDAR output data can be reliable. When the side length of the detected object is less than that of the detection range, the LiDAR output data is not stable and the error increases.
Figure 2: Control Panel
Note: the side length of the detecting range is not equal to the object resolution at the corresponding distance.
- High sensitivity, and able to measure as far as 22 meters
- High-speed measurement with a maximum sampling frequency of 100Hz
- Excellent anti-ambient light usability (operable under 100kLux ambient light)
- Protection Grade reaches IP65
- Anti-corrosive against pesticide
- Small in size and light
- Drone altitude holding and terrain following
- Machine control and safety sensors
- Distance measuring instrument
- Detection Range: 0.3-10m
- Accuracy: Centimeter-level (1% Relative error)
- Measuring Speed: Default 100Hz (maximum: 500Hz)
- Protection level: IP63-IP65
- Light Resistance: Operate under ambient light of 100 kLux
- Power: 5VDC, <200ma
- Power: <1 W
- Interface: UART/CAN
- Weight: 50g
- DE-LIDAR TF02 (ToF) Laser Rangefinder (22m) x1