Weather is one of the most important factors for human and life and food security, and wind speed is one of the elements to measure in weather stations.
This is a wind speed detector or a.k.a anemometer. It is portable, easy to carry and assembly, made of polycarbon which is anti-corrosion rust at the same time to overcome the ABS plastic aging problems. The bottom outlet and the outlet side of the equipment are compatible with each other. The output signal pulse (NPN/Open-drain output) is widely used in wind speed measurement in greenhouses, environmental protection, weather stations, ships, docks, and breeding environments.
- Wind Speed sensor or Anemometer
- Material: Poly-carbon
- Weight: Approx. 336g / 11.9oz
- Package Size: Approx. 19x17.5x17cm / 7.5x6.9x6.7in
- Power supply (default): 10~30V DC, we have tested this sensor with 5V from Arduino and it works fine.
- Operating temperature -20℃~+60℃
- Operating Humidity: 0% RH~80% RH
- Wind Speed range: 0 to 70m/s
- Minimum detectable wind speed: 0.2m/s
- Interface/Output: NPN or Open Drain output, 100mA maximum current sink
- Brown: VCC (positive) power, 5V to 30VDC
- Black: GND, 0V
- Blue: NPN Output, require pull up resistor to logic voltage, recommended 5.1K Ohm
- Green: NC (Not Connected)
- Pulses Per Rotation: 20 pulses per rotation
- Wind speed: 1.75m/s = 20 pulses per second
The below shows the size image for 5V Wind Speed Anemometer NPN Output:
- Measurement of Horizontal Wind Velocity at Near-Surface Layer of Port
- Meteorological environment
- Airport Expressway Monitoring
- Agriculture and forestry, environmental protection industry
Here is a sample code to test the speed when the power connected to 5-12V.
- 1 x Wind Sensor
- 4 x Set of Screws
- 1 x Matching cable with 4 wires