Yes, the famous IoT (Internet of Things) from Sonoff/Itead Studio is finally here, on Cytron Marketplace. We like it because it is an actual consumer-grade product that can be used right out of the box, and because it uses the famous ESP8285 (which is similar to ESP8266) on the device, it can be hacked too :) Although you will void the warranty of the product, it never stops the maker spirit. So what is Sonoff Smart Switch, it turns your devices into the smart item. This RFR3 smart switch can also be paired with RM433 remote controller. Check this video for the unboxing, easy set up, pairing the RFR3 with eWeLink, and also the RM433 remote control, in less than 5 minutes :)
This is how the DIY mode V2.0 works:
This is a WiFi Smart Switch with the DIY capability that makes it possible to control connected devices via the eWeLink directly from your smartphone or ask it to turn on/off devices with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Amazingly, it has a DIY mode that is the firmware that can be user-defined. Built-in a web server that exposes the REST AP, which allows you to connect the switch with your existing home automation system. Compatible with Vera, Fibaro, HomeSeer, Savant, Home Assistant, etc, for the protocol document and the code for the DIY Mode tool (updating), please go to http://developers.sonoff.tech/sonoff-diy-mode-api-protocol.html
Unlike the BASICR3, RFR3 provides you extra control helper - the matched RM 433 remote controller. Just choose the control way you preferred, simply set a timer to let your devices switch on/off automatically at a pre-set time through a day. For example, prepare your coffee maker in the evening, and a cup of coffee is ready for you the next morning. Compatible with the IFTTT function, and you can make more actions happen to trigger other devices or receive a notification on your phone once the action was triggered.
Along with support for smart scenes, just set a device to turn on/off to make another or a boatload of devices turn on/off. The LAN control is designed for situations which no available Wi-Fi connection, or an unsteady Wi-Fi network environment. A convenient option that is share control is capable of allowing you to manage the same device with your family or friends together, simply share it on the eWeLink app to try. Amazingly, the module with unique DIY function, the way you can assemble it with your ordinary appliances to turn them into intelligent.
Note: Sonoff RFR3 comes with a 433MHz RF receiver module. If you want a smart switch without RF function, please get yourself the Sonoff BASICR3.
Note: As this device deals with HIGH VOLTAGE Electricity, please be cautious when using it.
Features and Spec:
- RFR3 comes with additional control option: The 433MHz Remote Control (get it separately here)
- Remote ON/OFF: Turn electrical devices on/off from anywhere
- App Support: Free iOS and Android mobile App eWeLink
- LAN Control: Turn on/off the device even when WiFi has no Internet access
- Sync Status: Real-time device status provided to App
- Timing: Set scheduled/countdown/loop timers to turn on/off at a specified time
- Share Control: Control your smart home together with your family
- Scene: Turn on/off a group of devices with one tap
- Smart Scene: Triggered on/off by temp, hum or other environmental conditions from sensor
- Compatibility: Works perfectly with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT, Google Nest
- DIY mode
- Voltage Input: 90-250V AC(50/60Hz)
- Max. Current: 10A
- Max. Power: 2200W
- Dimensions: 88*38*23mm (L*W*H)
- Wireless Standard: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz WiFi & 433.92MHz RF
- Humidity: 5%-90%RH, Non-condensing
- Operating Temperature: 0ºC-40ºC(32°F-104°F)
- Enclosure Material: Fire-retardant ABS V0
- Weight: 67g
- Color: White
- 1 x Sonoff RFR3 - WiFi DIY Smart RF Control Switch
- 4 x Screw for mounting the wire fastener
- 2 x Wire fastener
- 1 x mini jumper/jumper cap