- RC (Radio Control)
- PWM of microcontroller
- Analog voltage of Potentiometer/Variable Resistor
- UART/Serial command of microcontroller
Well, this motor driver is perfect for you, and it supports upto 10Amps (continuous) each channel. It will be easy to build combat/sumo robot. Not to forget, you can configure MDDS10 to drive two channels motor in independent or mix mode. Do check the User's Manual for details.
Which motor is good to be driven by MDDS10? As long as the motor:
- Is DC Brush motor (Two Terminals)
- Operating voltage from 7V to 35V
- Rated Current <= 10A
- Peak Current <= 30A
Example of suitable DC brush motor with MDDS10 (Not limit to):
- Input Voltage (Motor): 7 - 35VDC
- Single power operation
- Dual Channels, it can drive two brush motors bidirectionally, independently or mixed as differentiate drive.
- Operating modes:
- RC (RC servo signal)
- simplified and packetized UART
- Support Sign-magnitude and Locked antiphase in PWM mode.
- Two manual/test buttons for each channel.
- Two output indicator LEDs for each channel.
- Power, Error indicator, RUN status (Left and Right) LEDs.
- The Error LED will indicate:
- Error Input (Blinks 2 times), check the input signal and the operation mode
- Under Voltage (Blinks 3 times), the battery voltage is low.
- Over Voltage (Blinks 4 times), the supply voltage is higher than 35VDC, it will stop operating
- Over temperature (Blinks 5 times), the board temperature is high
- Shut down (Blinks 6 times), board temperature is too high, the board will stop working.
- On board reset button to restart the MCU after changing operation mode on DIP switch.
- Full solid state MOSFET for better efficiency and eliminate the needs for external flyback diodes.
- Regenerative Braking.
- Temperature feedback to reduce output current and prevent overheating of MOSFET.
- Support up to 10A continuous current at room temperature (25ºC).
- Support up to 30A peak for 10 seconds. Output will be reduced with the temperature raises.
- Suitable for combat or sumo robot.
- 16KHz switching frequency for quiet operation.
- On board switching voltage regulator for higher power efficiency.
- Battery low voltage monitoring and indicator.
- We have tried this driver with single power window motor at 24V, full load without smoke coming out :)
- NO polarity protection, please double check the power input connection.
- Dimension: 66.8mm x 101.09mm.
- User's Manual
- Fritzing file
- Arduino Library and Example (Github)
- Simple Mobile Robot – Plug and play Joystick + MDDS10
- Arduino + PS2 shield + MDDS10 for mobile robot control
- Improve MDDS10 Performance With External Fan
- PWM from CT-UNO+ MDDS10
|Operating Voltage (VDC)||7 to 35|
|Peak Current (A)||30 (few second)|
|Continuous Current (A)||10|
|Arduino Shield||No - can be used with Wire connection|
|PWM (Lock-Antiphase and Sign-Magnitude)||Yes|
|RC Servo Signal||Yes|
|Current / Thermal Protection||Temperature is inversely proportional to Current Limit (T α 1/I )|