We know DC brushed motor is widely used for many different applications; from conveyor, AGV (Automated Guide Vehicle), mobile robot and combat robot. One of the reasons is the ease to use it, just connect the two terminals of motor to DC power respectively, it will start rotating, so simple. Yet, to control the speed and direction from a controller, a motor driver is needed.
This is SmartDriveDuo-160. Yes! Is 160 Amperes of continuous output current!
Note: Normal wire cannot survives 160A or even 100A, so get the thickest possible wire for both the Vmotor and Motor. We are using 2 to 3 8AWG cable (Black and Red), for each terminal.
- Bi-directional control for a single brushed DC motor.
- Support input voltage from 8V to 28V.
- Is able to deliver maximum current up to:
- 190A peak (1 minute)
- 175A (2 minutes)
- 160A (continuously)
- 16 KHz switching frequency for quiet operation.
- LiPo battery low voltage warning.
- Full Solid State component (MOSFETs) for switching. No additional fly back diodes needed.
- Regenerative Braking.
- NO Reverse Polarity Protection for Vmotor, please double check the connection!
- Thermal protection.
- Current limiting base on temperature.
- Below 60°C : 194A
- 60°C to 70°C : 175A
- 70°C to 80°C : 163A
- 80°C to 90°C : 144A
- 90°C to 100°C : 125A
- 100°C to 110°C : 100A
- Above 110°C : 50A
- Multiple input modes: (configure through the DIP switches)
- RC (Radio Control)
- Analog (Analog voltage from Potentiometer or Joystick)
- PWM and DIR (3.3V and 5V compatible, Arduino or Raspberry Pi)
- UART (Simplified Serial and Packetized Serial)
- On board push buttons for fast test and manual operation.
- Dimension: 122mm x 178mm x 75mm
- 1 x MDS160A
|Operating Voltage (VDC)||8 to 28|
|Peak Current (A)||190|
|Continuous Current (A)||160|
|Arduino Shield||No - can be used with Wire connection|
|PWM (Lock-Antiphase and Sign-Magnitude)||Yes|
|RC Servo Signal||Yes|
|Current / Thermal Protection||Yes|