This is the earlier version of Raspberry Pi Camera Module, so called the 5 Megapixel, Rev 1.3 camera module. It is a custom designed add-on for Raspberry Pi and is compatible with all Raspberry Pi model including:
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB, 2GB, 4GB
- Raspberry Pi 3 model B
- Raspberry Pi 3 model B+
- Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3 ,require special FFC, included in camera packing list
- Raspberry Pi Zero W (Wireless) , require special FFC, included in this camera packing list
- Raspberry Pi Zero WH (Wireless and Header) , require special FFC, included in this camera packing list
It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of one of the two small sockets on the board upper surface, there is a label of"CAMERA". This interface uses the dedicated CSI interface, which was designed especially for interfacing to cameras. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data.
Note: Raspberry Pi is NOT INCLUDED.
The board itself is tiny, at around 25mm x 20mm x 9mm. It also weighs just over 3grams, making it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and weight are important. The camera is connected to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus. This bus travels along the cable(FFC - Flexible Flat Cable) that attaches the camera board to the Pi. Yes, we know Raspberry Pi Zero and Zero W has different CSI connector, this camera comes with 2 different FFC cables, one for standard Raspberry Pi(Model A, B and B+) and the compact Raspberry Pi (The Zero series).
The sensor itself has a native resolution of 5 megapixel, and has a fixed focus lens onboard. In terms of still images, the camera is capable of 2592 x 1944 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 60fps and 640x480p 60/90 video.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi's preferred operating system.
If you want the latest 8MP Camera module V2.0? Check it out here.
- Compatible all models of Raspberry Pi 1, 2 and 3; not to forget zero series too (just change the FFC cable)
- 5MP(megapixel) omnivision 5647 camera module
- Still picture resolution of 2592 x 1944
- Video supports 1080p at 30fps, 720p at 60fps and 640x480p 60/90 recording
- 15 pin MIPI camera serial interface plugs directly into the Raspberry Pi Board
- Size is 20mm x 25mm x 9mm
- Weight of 3g
- 1 x Raspberry Pi 5MP camera sensor board
- 1 x 15cm length CSI FFC cable for standard Raspberry Pi (Model A, B and B+)
- 1 x 15cm length CSI FFC cable for Raspberry Pi Zero series