CM4 IO Board Metal Case is a kit specially designed for Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 IO Board. It turns the Compute Module 4 IO Board and CM4 Module into a commercial industrial computer for the end applications.
It comes with a one-click switch, a cooling fan with an air vent in the case, and an external antenna.
Note: The Compute Module 4 and IO board are NOT included in the packing list. You can buy them separately:
- Raspberry Pi CM4 without Wireless
- Raspberry Pi CM4 with Wireless
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 IO Board
Features and specifications:
- One-Click Switch
- The one-click switch is to control the system power on or shut off by GPIO3 on 40pin connector & the software running on CM4, unlike traditional switches which just control the power supply of the board by cutting off or powering on the hardware. Cutting off the power during CM4 operation may damage the file system and cause the system to crash.
- Hardware Protection
- The case perfectly fits the mechanicals of the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 IO Board, and all interfaces are led out of the enclosure. The metal case provides excellent shielding and protection for CM4 IO Board and CM4 Module.
- Fixed Compute Module 4
- The four nuts at the bottom of the case can help to fix the Compute Module 4 on the IO board & case reliably. If you solely rely on 2x 100pin connectors between the Compute Module 4 and the Compute Module 4 IO Board, the connection won’t be reliable in the vibrating environment.
- There are four 1.5mm height black nylon washers to support Compute Module 4 on the four corners of PCB. This feature prevents PCB deformation and circuit damage when the Compute Module 4 is screwed on the IO board without something to support it. Product Brief of CM4 IO Case EDA Technology Co., LTD– Electronics Development Accelerator.
- Reduce Temperature of CM4
- A 12V/60mA silent fan is installed directly over the Compute Module 4, which is isolated from the case by four silicone washers, these silicone washers greatly reduce the noise magnification by the case.
- The fan can reduce the CPU temperature by a maximal 20 degrees and heat generated by the whole system is dissipated by the fan through the slots at the sides of the case.
- Raspberry Pi’s Official certified 2.4G/5.8G WiFi/Bluetooth Antenna installed
- Offer Philips CR2032 Eco-friendly Battery to enable RTC function
- Dimension (LxWxH): 171.5x109.5x28.5mm
- Weight: 450g
- 1 x Metal case
- 1 x Upper piece
- 1 x Bottom piece
- 1 x Antenna
- 1 x Screw set
- 4 x M2.5*4mm screws
- 4 x M2.5*6mm screws
- 4 x M3*4mm screws
- 4 x 6*1.5mm nylon washers