This is the first ever servo shield for Arduino that provides build-in 5V at 5A (peak)output switching regulator. With this servo shield, you can supply 7V to 25V of power and it will regulate to 5V and 5A (Maximum) to power your favorite RC (Radio Control) servo.
We believe the most troublesome feature of RC servo is the pulses and power. Shield-Servo offers reliable yet user friendly RC (Radio Control) Servo motor controller to hobbyist and students. Differ from SC16A and SC08A, the shield-Servo is designed to control 8 independent RC (Remote Control) Servo motors simultaneously in a single board with a built in 5V 5 Ampere switching regulator. Each Servo signal pin is able to generate Servo pulses with duty cycle from 0.5ms to 2.5ms, which is greater than the range of most Servos, further allows for Servos to operate in full range of 180 degrees. In order to get SHIELD-Servo working, an Arduino compatible main board (Arduino/Genuino UNO, Mega, CT-UNO, CT-ARM, etc) is needed and the interface is serial (UART). The shield also provide alternative control over 6 pin UART with USB to Serial converter UC00A/UC00B/UC00C or other types of microcontroller. UART interface present a flexible, fast and easy to use feature.
Specification and Features:
- New! Now comes with UC00A/UC00C/UART interface for easier communication between the user’s circuit (or PC) and SHIELD-Servo. By using the new UART control, user can:
- Activate each Servo independently
- Control position for each Servo
- Control Speed of each servo
- Not familiar with UART communication? Fret not, sample source code for UART control is provided for Arduino and
- Support up to 5A (peak) and 4A(continuous) of total current.
- Control 8 channels Servo independently.
- Able to drive Servo motor from 7V to 25V with build in 5V switching regulator.
- Optional Position Reporting: User may request position of an individual Servo.
- 5V logic level compatible inputs.
- Independent Starting Position Command for each channel at the next start-up
- Servo pulse range 0.5ms to 2.5ms.
- Pulse resolution of 0.25us
- UART baud rate are saved in the non-volatile memory (Factory default is baud rate = 9600).
- Dimension: 7.4 cm x 6.6 cm
- Servo Shield x 1
|Operating Voltage (VDC)||7 to 25|
|Peak Current (A)||5|
|Continuous Current (A)||4|
|PWM (Lock-Antiphase and Sign-Magnitude)||Yes|
|RC Servo Signal||No|
|Extra Socket||comes with UC00A/UC00C/UART interface|
|others||Optional position reporting and Independent starting position|
|Servo pulse range||0.5ms-2.5ms|