Arus Academy proudly presents a do-it-yourself online learning experience with Arduino programming. We now deliver a learning experience that students can go through in their own time. There is no need for a live Google Meet or Zoom session for the lessons. What we offer instead is a learning platform that is interactive and an engaging experiential experience. We also offer supplementary weekly consultation hours (by appointment) for additional help students might need. Consultation sessions are done via Google Meet with an actual teacher.
A great thing about this self-learning experience is that you can attempt as many times as possible to do the challenges.
In this Young Maker Club, students are challenged to put together their Arduino programming knowledge and project-making skills to design project prototypes that help to solve real-world problems.
And the learning kit includes the following items:
Maker UNO, an Arduino compatible board. It is specially designed to simplify building your projects:
- Coding & Electronics made easy with built-in:
- 12x LEDs
- 1x buzzer
- 1x button
- Troubleshooting made easy with LED indicators.
Maker UNO is fully compatible with Arduino. You can share the same library and code. We put in 12x LEDs, 1x piezo buzzer and 1x programmable button on the Maker UNO. We have removed the DC jack power input socket as most of the boards used in classes are powered using USB. We have also replaced the ATmega16u2 with CH340 to bring down the cost.
Besides LED as output, this learning kit also includes a Button with LED as input:
To make things more interactive, 3 more types of Grove sensors are also included in the learning kit:
- Light Sensor v1.2
- The output signal from this module will be HIGH in bright light and LOW in the dark. This module can be used to build a light-controlled switch i.e switch off lights during daytime and switch on lights during nighttime.
- Touch Sensor
- This is a capacitive touch sensor that can detect the change in capacitance when a finger is near it. You can use it to replace a traditional push-button and learn about capacitive sensing :)
- Ultrasonic Ranger
- This Grove-ultrasonic sensor is a non-contact distance measurement module. It can measure from 3cm to 350cm with an accuracy of up to 2mm. It is a perfect ultrasonic module for distance measurement, proximity sensors, and ultrasonic detectors.
To make an interesting project, we believe movement is crucial. This learning kit comes with two types of motion output. 1st is a famous compact RC servo motor, SG90 where you can easily connect to the Grove base shield using the servo extension cable.
With a specially designed mobile robot motor driver, the Maker Driver, building a small mobile robot has never been easier with Maker Drive + Maker UNO duo! Maker Driver is designed for simplicity and beginner-friendly. It is a dual-channel and bi-directional control motor driver. Connect it with a pair of DC brush motors with gear and wheel, you can build a small-sized mobile robot. :)
- Learning kit packed for Young makers to learn digital making and problem-solving skills at the comfort at home.
- Based on the Maker UNO board.
- Comes with all the necessity to get started.
- Match perfectly with e-course STEM Young Maker Club class, which covers 10 lessons:
- Introduction to microcontrollers
- Basic circuit
- Analog output with motors
- Digital input with serial communication
- Analog input with sensors
- Distance detection system
- Precise motion
- Design Thinking
- Troubleshooting in project making
- Project pitching
- All parts can be reused for further experimental projects.
- The kit also includes batteries and a battery holder for a portable project.
Included in the kit:
- 1 x Maker UNO - Arduino UNO Compatible
- 1 x Maker Drive
- 1 x USB micro B cable, to load program and power Maker UNO from computer or laptop
- 1 x Grove Base Shield V2
- 1 x 10 Ways Male to Female Jumper Wire
- 9 x Grove 4 Pin Buckled 20cm Cable
- 1 x Grove 4 Pin Buckled to Female Cable
- 2 x Grove - Red LED
- 2 x Grove - Green LED
- 2 x Grove - Blue LED Button
- 1 x Grove - Touch Sensor
- 1 x Grove - Light Sensor v1.2
- 1 x Grove - Ultrasonic Sensor
- 1 x 4 Blades Motor Propeller
- 1 x 300C 1.5-6VDC 7mm Shaft Motor with Wires
- 1 x SG90 Micro Servo
- 1 x Servo Extention Wire to Male Dupont
- 2 x Mini Motor + Wheel Kit
- 1 x Steel Ball Castor
- 1 x Mini Screwdriver
- 1 x 4xAA Batteries
- 1 x 4xAA Battery Holder
- Computer/Laptop with an Internet connection
- Platform language: English
- Age group: 12 - 16 years old
- Class size: No limit as this is a self-learning platform
- Time table: No schedule as this is flexible. Lessons will be released on a weekly basis. There will be an option to schedule a weekly consultant during office hours if needed.
- Program Duration: Mid of July - Mid of October 2021
Once you registered and make the payment, Cytron will arrange to send you the learning kit and ARUS will contact you via email and provide you access to their learning platform.