Assemble of this Fanless Armor case is super easy, 3 thermal pads and 4 screws, that's all!
We know the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B computer generates quite some heat because it is powerful. If you are searching for a maintain-free and energy free cooling, this case/enclosure will be perfect for you. It is a huge heatsink that becomes a case for the computer. Saving your money to buy separate heatsink and a case. This gold, anodized aluminum case for the Raspberry Pi 4 will give you 10-15°C of passive cooling under a full CPU load. This case is great for situations where you want completely silent cooling, like home media centers. Since there is no extra fan, it will not draw any power from the Raspberry Pi, and you do not need to change the fan even after 10 years :)
Check out the video by ExplainingComputers that show the performance of this heatsink on Raspberry Pi 4 (The color of the case is black in the video):
With the passive cooling of 10 to 15°C, your Raspberry Pi 4B will never reach 80°C and will never be throttled, if you do not over-clock the CPU :)
It comes with three thermal pads to provide thermal contact between the CPU, RAM and USB controller to the top case, and a handy Allen Key and set of hex bolts to attach the case together.
The case gives you access to all of the ports, pins, and connectors. You can just about get away with using low-profile HATs and pHATs (those without bulky components on the underside) using one of our tall headers, but be extremely careful not to short any components on the metal top case!
Note: Raspberry Pi main board is NOT Included.
We have done the stress test (Stressberry) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB board. The test is carried out to compare the temperature performance of the Raspberry Pi 4 with this Aluminum case, Blue vs Gold color. This is just one of the many methods you can use to benchmark the thermal performance of the enclosure or heatsink. The test consists of two parts which are cooling and continue with the stress test. The stress test loads the CPU to 100% and logs the temperature. We have also updated the EEPROM firmware of Raspberry Pi 4 Model B to 000137ad (date: 10 Sep 2019), the thermal performance improved significantly:
- Aluminum Alloy Armor case for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B: 1GB, 2GB, and 4GB version.
- Made from CNC machining manufacturing technology
- Color: Gold
- Its cool design and good-looking are liked by makers
- Utilize aluminum as heatsink fins and as an enclosure to protect Raspberry Pi
- There are four screws for you to fix the case with the Raspberry Pi board
- With wide and huge surface and heat conductive aluminum:
- Passive cooling of 10 to 15°C
- No More Overheating Problem
- No noise, total silent
- Thermal Tape ensures Best Heat Conduction Effect.
- For Aluminium Alloy Armor Case and Heatsink:
- Perfect Size for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B.
- Big Size Heatsink: No More Overheating Problem.
- High Quality CNC Aluminium Alloy Case Can Protect your Pi Safe.
- Open Design Can Make Sure Our CNC Case will not effect Wifi Signal.
- 1 x Aluminum Alloy Cooling Case, top and bottom
- 3 x Thermal Tape (2 big + 1 small)
- 4 x Allen Cap Bolt to fasten the case (from bottom)
- 1 x Allen Key