This sensor works by having a series of exposed traces connected to ground and interlaced between the grounded traces are the sens traces. The sensor traces have a weak pull-up resistor of 1 MΩ. The resistor will pull the sensor trace value high until a drop of water shorts the sensor trace to the grounded trace.
Believe it or not, this circuit will work with the digital I/O pins of your Arduino or you can use it with the analogue pins to detect the amount of water induced contact between the grounded and sensor traces. Suitable to detect rainfall, tank overflow, water leakage.
You can also get the grove wrapper for a tidier and nice presentation of the project:
Get the compatible Grove Wrapper here:
Note: Controllers are not included.
- Grove compatible interface
- Low power consumption
- 2.0cm x 2.0cm twig module
- High sensitivity
- Can be use for rainfall detecting, liquid leakage, tank overflow detector
- Working Voltage: 4.75V to 5.25V
- Current: <20mA
- Working Temperature: 10℃ to 30℃
- Working Humidity (without condensation): 10% to 90%
- Dimensions: 40mm x 20mm x 12mm
- 1 x Grove - Water Sensor
- Grove 4 Pin Buckled 20cm Cable