NCIR MLX9061 HAT is an M5StickC compatible infrared sensor. Same as M5Unit NCIR, this stickc HAT module Integrates MLX90614 which can be used to measure the surface temperature of a human body or other objects.
Now that it has a cover of a case of stickc HAT, you can pretty much move all the implementations to a stickc-based controller, featured with tiny, low-cost, and highly-productization.
Unlike most temperature sensors, this sensor measures infrared light bouncing off of remote objects so it can sense temperature without having to touch them physically. Simply point the sensor towards what you want to measure and it will detect the temperature by absorbing IR waves emitted. Because it doesn't have to touch the object it's measuring, it can sense a wider range of temperatures than most digital sensors! It takes the measurement over a 90-degree field of view so it can be handy for determining the average temperature of an area.
The MLX90614 is factory calibrated in wide temperature ranges: -40 to 125 ˚C for the ambient temperature and -70 to 380 ˚C for the object temperature.
- This HAT is an add-on unit for M5StickC controller. The controller is NOT INCLUDED in the package. Connect with M5StickC via GOIO 0/26 (I2C add: 0x5A).
- If you're interested to get other M5Stack cores, modules, units, and HATs in your hand for a lot more fun projects, you may get them here.
- Operating voltage: 4.5 to 5.5V
- Measuring object temperature range: -70°C ~ 380°C
- Measuring ambient temperature range: -40 to 125 ˚C
- Measurement accuracy at room temperature: ±0.5°C
- Field of view: 90°
- Software Development Platform: Arduino, UIFlow (Blockly, Python)
- Communication protocol: I2C:0x5A
- Net weight: 5g
- Gross weight: 13g
- Product size: 24x25x14mm
- Package size: 40x42x30mm
- Body Temperature Measurement
- Object (biological) Motion Detection
- 1 x M5StickC NCIR MLX90614 HAT