Maker UNO was 1825% funded in Kickstarter on 17 Apr 2018. Thank you to the 1878 backers for your support!
WHAT IS MAKER UNO?
The Typical Problem Faced By Teachers In Conducting Arduino Classes
1. Most of the students do not have basic knowledge in electronics.
2. They do not understand the circuit diagram at the beginning of the Arduino lesson. They will spend a substantial amount of time just to connect the wires and troubleshoot the connections.
3. It's a mess after every class. The teacher has to sort and make sure nothing is missing. What a tedious job and a waste of time!
Introducing Our Solution. Maker UNO
Students can skip the hassle of constructing the basic electronic circuit which is boring and time consuming. Although it is equally important for them to learn about basic electronics, it can always come later after they have experienced how easy it is to create awesome project. Start with fun and excitement. Start coding right away and see your board lights up and plays melody with the press of a button.
With the conventional Arduino boards, students also face another common problem - difficulty in troubleshooting their circuit. This is because when it doesn't work, we do not know whether the problem is due to wire connection or coding.
With Maker UNO, the problem is solved! Not only do the onboard LEDs work as outputs, they can also act as indicators, clearly showing what's happening on that pin. When the pin is used as input, you can clearly see whether the signal is received by just looking at changes on the LEDs.
One of the brilliant features of the official Arduino Uno is the label printed on its pin headers. It saves us a lot of time when we want to connect the I/O pins to the external circuit. So, we include a set of these label stickers for pin headers in each of the Maker UNO! (Please note that you need to peel off the stickers and stick them on your Maker UNO by yourself)
Students always get their boards mixed up. With Maker UNO, you can write your name on the board. Problem solved!
Maker UNO uses the common Micro USB cable which is basically everywhere.
Don't throw your box away! There is a small opening on the box for you to plug the USB cable so that you can keep your Maker UNO safely in the original box, no additional casing required.
Maker UNO is fully compatible with Arduino. You can share the same library and code. We put in 12x LEDs, 1x piezo buzzer and 1x programmable button on the Maker UNO. We have removed the DC jack power input socket as most of the boards used in classes are powered using USB. We have also replaced the ATmega16u2 with CH340 to bring down the cost.
Kids like music and lighting because they are fun. School teachers always try their best to embed fun elements into their classes to get their students' attention and to keep them engaged in the lesson. Here we introduce some simple but fun projects that can be easily built using only Maker UNO. We share the source codes so that you can try them at home.
- Maker UNO User's Manual
- Maker UNO Edu Kit Getting Started Module
- Maker-UNO Schematic
- Maker-UNO Fritzing File
- CH341 driver
Resources for Teachers in Reka Bentuk Teknologi (RBT):
- DKSP KSSM REKA BENTUK DAN TEKNOLOGI TINGKATAN 2
- Teacher's Guide (credits to Arus & all the educators involved in making this 3 modules a success)
- Student's Class Module
- Answer Sheet for Class Module
- Modul Arduino(Arduino Module in Bahasa Malaysia) by Arus (credits to Arus for the awesome module)
- Panduan Guru (Teacher's Guide in Bahasa Malaysia) (credits to Arus & all the educators involved in making this 3 modules a success)
- Modul Murid (Student's Class Module in Bahasa Malaysia)
- Skema Jawapan untuk Modul Murid (Answer Sheet for Class Module in Bahasa Malaysia)
- Maker UNO's Default Program
- Arduino IDE Download
- How To Program Arduino (Maker UNO) Using Atmel Studio
- Introduction Atmel Studio 7 is the integrated development platform (IDP) for developing and debugging all AVR® and SAM microcontroller applications. The Atmel Studio 7 IDP gives you a seamless and easy-to-use environment to write, build and debug your applications written in C/C++ or assembly code.
- Program Maker UNO using Chromebook