This attractive miniature OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) display with 128x64 resolution at 0.96 inch screen size comes in handy when you wish to add a display to your project.
This OLED display is made of 128x64 individual blue OLED pixels. As each of these pixel emits light on its own, it doesn't need a backlight panel like the classics 2x16 LCD display. Also because of this characteristic, OLED display can produce high contrast texts/images and it's easily readable even under bright light. It can really display tons fo information despite the compact size.
This OLED display uses SSD1306 driver chip and can be controlled via I2C interface. Although there's a 3.3V LDO (Low Dropout) voltage regulator built in this OLED module, SDA & SCL lines are not protected/level-shifted in any way. Hence we recommend using 3.3V only for this OLED display. Use 5V for supply and logic level at your own risk. Otherwise, you may use any logic level converter on the IO pins for that extra safety.
The I2C address for this OLED display is 0x3C, NOT 0x78 or 0x7A as printed on the back of the OLED board. Please remember to modify the address in your code to 0x3C in order to communicate with it. This I2C address can be modified in order to interface two OLED displays by using one host device. You just need to desolder the resistor near label '0x78' and solder it back to the two pads nearest to label '0x7A' as shown below. By doing this, the I2C address of the OLED display will become 0x3D.
Warning! This modification is not recommended for beginners who have just learnt how to solder as it involves SMD components and if the board is overheated, you may damage the OLED panel permanently.
- Resolution: 128 x 64 pixels
- Display Area: 0.96 inch diagonal
- Color Depth：Monochrome Blue-on-Black
- Emiting Color: Blue
- View Angle: Min 160 degree
- Built-in Controller: SSD1306
- Interface: I2C
- I2C Address: 0x3C (can be modified to 0x3D)
- Supply Voltage (Vcc): 3.3V
- Logic Level (SDA & SCL): 3.3V
- Dimension (Overall Module): 27.7 x 27.2 x 3.8 mm
- Dimension (OLED Panel only): 26.7 x 19.3 x 1.7 mm
- Overall Module: 27.7 x 27.2 x 3.8 mm
- OLED Panel only: 26.7 x 19.3 x 1.7 mm
- Adafruit's SSD1306 Arduino library & examples
- Raspberry Pi OLED tutorial
- Espresso Lite OLED example
- Convert monochrome bitmap image to code with LCD Assistant software
- SSD1306 datasheet
- 1x OLED I2C 0.96Inch 128x64 Blue Display
- 1x Straight Pin Header (Male) 1x4 Ways