The Raspberry Pi 3B+ is launched on 14 March 2018 and is available here. Everyone want the latest gadget, we know that :) BTW, this is Raspberry Pi 3 Model B.
For beginner, Raspberry Pi is Single Board Computer (SBC) that enables more people to have access to digital computer. In other words, you can setup your computer at affordable price. Check out the Wikipedia on Raspberry Pi for the history.
Since the launch of Raspberry Pi 3 model B on 29th February 2016 (Birthday of Raspberry Pi), the news has gone viral, everyone want to get this powerful single board computer. So here you are! The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is out and it is AMAZING.
There are two huge upgrades compared to Rpi 2. First, upgrade of processor, RPi 3 is using Quad Core Broadcom BCM2837 64-bit ARMv8 processor (RPi 2 is using 32-bit processor), making the processor speed increase from 900 MHz on the Pi 2 to up to 1.2GHz on the Pi 3.
2nd huge upgrade (and this is the one we’re personally most excited about) is the addition of a BCM43143 WiFi chip BUILT-IN to Raspberry Pi 3. No more WiFi dongle taking up the USB port! Yes, RPi 3 is WiFi ready. There’s also Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board making the Pi an excellent IoT solution (BLE support is still in the works, software-wise).
Lastly, there’s an upgraded switched power source that goes up to 2.5 Amps instead of just 2 Amps - allowing your Pi to power even more powerful devices over USB ports.
Note: Both the 5V 2.5 A microB power adapter and 5V 3A microB power adapter works great with the Pi 3 Model B and provides plenty of power to the chip, Ethernet, and any USB add-ons you plug in. But you are doing industry project that need stable and certified power supply, get the official power adapter from Raspberry Pi, 5.1V 2.5A power adapter.
The best part about all this is that the Pi 3 keeps the same shape, connectors, and mounting holes as the Pi 2. The only difference is a slight change in where the LEDs are. 99% of cases and accessories will still be fully compatible with the Pi 3, Pi 2, and Pi B + - though if you have a case with a metal top there might be some WiFi chip difficulties. Of course, you can still use RPi casing with fan.
With the increase of proccesor core and speed, the CPU require higher power and will get warmer compare to RPi 2. Cytron Rpi casing with fan is perfect to cool it down :)
- Broadcom BCM2837 64bit ARM Cortex-A53 Quad Core Processor SoC running @ 1.2GHz
- 1 GB RAM
- 4 x USB2.0 Ports with up to 1.2A output
- Expanded 40-pin GPIO Header
- Video/Audio Out via 4-pole 3.5mm connector, HDMI, CSI camera, or Raw LCD (DSI)
- Storage: microSD
- 10/100 Ethernet (RJ45)
- BCM43143 WiFi on board
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
- Low-Level Peripherals:
- 27 x GPIO
- I2C bus
- SPI bus with two chip selects
- Power Requirements: 5V @ 2.4 A via microUSB power source
- Supports Raspbian, Windows 10 IoT Core, OpenELEC, OSMC, Pidora, Arch Linux, RISC OS and More!
- Dimensions: 85mm x 56mm x 17mm
- 1 x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B board
- How to set up your Raspberry Pi - Getting Started with #RaspberryPi
- Cytron Online Course for Raspberry Pi 3 (BM)
- Cytron Online Course for Raspberry Pi 3 Part 1: How to set up Raspberry Pi 3 as a mini computer
- Cytron Online Course for Raspberry Pi 3 Part 2: How to display Raspberry Pi 3 on Laptop screen
- Cytron Online Course for Raspberry Pi 3 Part 3: How to program GPIO using Python (BM)
Total Reviews (21)