Note: Due to the distribution region, this product can ONLY be shipped to ASEAN countries (Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, and Brunei).
Note: Raspberry Pi 4B requires the latest Raspbian or NOOBS to boot up, get the 16GB microSD card preloaded with NOOBS here.
Most Powerful and Fastest Raspberry Pi Ever
Announced on the 24th June 2019, the new Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is released and it's available on the Cytron marketplace!
What is the Raspberry Pi Single Board Computer?
The Raspberry Pi is a series of small single-board computers developed by the Raspberry Pi Foundation in the UK to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and in developing countries. The original model became far more popular than anticipated, getting outside its target market for uses such as automation, multimedia, robotics, IoT and now even in IR4.0.
The board itself does not include peripherals (such as keyboards and mice) or cases. However, there are many accessories to have been included in several official and unofficial bundles, making it highly customizable. Generally, the Raspberry Pi board comes with CPU, GPU, RAM, HDMI multimedia port, USB ports, wireless or wired connectivity, Camera interface, microSD card slot, and General Purpose Input/Output Pins. There are millions of Raspberry Pi boards in universities, polytechnics, schools, factories, maker spaces, and even the space station.
The Most Powerful Raspberry Pi - Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is the latest product in the popular Raspberry Pi range of computers. It offers ground-breaking increases in processor speed, multimedia performance, memory, and connectivity compared to the prior-generation Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ while retaining backward compatibility and similar power consumption. For the end-user, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B provides desktop performance comparable to entry-level x86 PC systems.
Check out the Major Upgrades on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B. And here is the comparison table between Raspberry Pi 4 Model B vs Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+:
In case you are looking for the earlier model, get the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ here. And here is the overview of the latest Raspberry Pi 4 Model B:
Raspberry Pi as Desktop Computer
The faster 1.5GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU on the Raspberry Pi 4's Cortex A72 SoC, coupled with the up to 4GB LPDDR4 RAM gives performance comparable to entry-level x86 desktop PCs. You'll see significantly faster boot speeds, and much better performance for CPU-heavy tasks like emulation and media center usage; much snappier all round! We have been using this single board computer as daily online web-based work including accessing emails, Google Drive and playing YouTube videos via the Chromium browser. We like it!
Faster USB and Ethernet
The Raspberry Pi 4 has two USB 3.0 ports, for up to 10x faster transfer speeds than USB 2.0, perfect for connecting fast peripherals like SSDs and flash drives. There are also two USB 2.0 ports for connecting less speed-dependent peripherals like keyboards and mice.
The true gigabit ethernet on the Raspberry Pi 4, designed for super-speedy wired networking while retaining the Power-over-Ethernet capability (requires additional Raspberry Pi PoE HAT), making it perfect as a media server and network-related projects. We manage to get 940 Mbits/s through Iperf3 on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B’s Ethernet port.
4K Multimedia, Dual Display
With the Video VI GPU, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is capable of supporting 4Kp60 multimedia. You can use much larger displays with crisp, sharp, high resolution. Use the H.265 4Kp60 hardware decoding to watch 4K movies in your favorite media center distro.
For the first time, you'll be able to use dual HDMI displays with the Raspberry Pi. This is great for working on a bunch of different tasks at the same time without having to work in tiny windows.
Of course, you will need the micro HDMI cable, we have you covered! Get the official micro HDMI cable here.
More Peripherals on GPIO
Alongside the major upgrades, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B still keeps backward compatibility on the 40-pin GPIO. So generally, all of the HATs (Hardware Attach on Top) are still compatible with this powerful board. However there are also some upgrades on the 40-pin header, the new Raspberry Pi has support for an additional 4× UART, 4× SPI, and 4× I2C connectors. Of course, it is still compatible with Cytron’s Maker pHAT :)
USB-C for Input Power
With the USB-C socket for Input power, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is able to get more power (preferred 15W or higher) and deliver higher power for its peripherals such as USB 3.0, e.g.: HDD and SSD Hard Disk. With that, you will need the Power Adapter with USB-C cable, and of course, we have it. Grab the UK plug and EU plug here, both are official power adapter from Raspberry Pi Foundation.
Features and Specs:
- Broadcom BCM2711, 64-bit ARM Cortex-A73 (ARMv8), Quad-core, 28nm Processor SoC running @ 1.5GHz, with metal body for better heat dissipation.
- 2 x USB3.0 Port + 2 x USB2.0 Port
- Expanded 40-pin GPIO Header
- Video/Audio Out:
- 4-pole 3.5mm connector
- 2 x micro HDMI port, support 4Kp60 video, dual display
- Raw LCD (DSI)
- Image/Camera input: CSI port
- Storage: MicroSD
- True Gigabit Ethernet, >900 Mbps
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0 and BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Low-Level Peripherals:
- 27 x GPIO
- I2C bus
- SPI bus with two chip selects
- Power Requirement, 5V/3.0A via USB type C connector.
- Supports Raspbian, and check 3rd party Operating System here.
- Dimensions: 85mm x 56mm x 17mm
What Will You Need to Get Started?
Since there are quite significant upgrades on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, here are our recommendations for existing user, maker, engineer:
- The mainboard itself:
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB RAM, good for most of the projects and applications like IoT or GPIO control
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB RAM, good as small private server and optimized price vs RAM size
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB RAM, good for intensive memory requirements like browsing internet and as Media Server/Center
- Power Supply or Power Adapter - Because Raspberry Pi 4 Model B comes USB-C for input power, you will need USB-C Power Adapter. Get the official adapter from Raspberry Pi Foundation here:
- UK Plug White Color, suitable for Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, UAE
- UK Plug Black Color, suitable for Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, UAE
- EU Plug White Color, suitable for Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines
- EU Plug Black Color, suitable for Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines
- As always with new Raspberry Pi models, you'll need the latest version of Raspbian to run on your Raspberry Pi 4. You can get 16GB Pre-installed NOOBS (support Raspberry Pi 4) separately. Of course, if you have time and fast Internet, open up your laptop and download the latest Raspbian and load into your existing micro SD.
- With dual HDMI ports and limited space, the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B can only utilize a micro HDMI socket. You can grab the Official micro HDMI to standard HDMI cable separately in case you do not have one.
- Enclosure is always good to protect the most important part of your computer. Since there are some changes in Raspberry Pi 4 compared to the previous boards, a new case is needed. Grab this Official Case for Raspberry Pi 4B (Red/White).
- A step by step guide for you to get started will useful for beginner, get the Official Raspberry Pi 4 Beginner's Guide 2nd Edition - Fully updated for Raspberry Pi 4
You might also want to check the kits and bundles as they are being offered at a discounted price.
UK Plug Type Power Adapter for Malaysia, Singapore:
- Official Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB Desktop kit
- Raspberry Pi 4B Desktop UK Bundle (w/o Raspberry Pi)
- Raspberry Pi 4B Home UK Bundle (w/o Raspberry Pi)
- Raspberry Pi 4 Starter UK Bundle (w/o Raspberry Pi)
- Raspberry Pi 4 Maker UK Bundle (w/o Raspberry Pi)
- Raspberry Pi 4 Basic UK Bundle (w/o Raspberry Pi)
EU Plug Type Power Adapter for Thailand, Indonesia:
- Official Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB Desktop EU kit
- Raspberry Pi 4B Desktop EU Bundle (w/o Raspberry Pi)
- Raspberry Pi 4B Home EU Bundle (w/o Raspberry Pi)
- Raspberry Pi 4 Starter EU Bundle (w/o Raspberry Pi)
- Raspberry Pi 4 Maker EU Bundle (w/o Raspberry Pi)
- Raspberry Pi 4 Basic EU Bundle (w/o Raspberry Pi)
- Raspberry Pi 4B Product Brief
- Raspberry Pi 4B Mechanical Drawing
- Raspberry Pi 4B Schematic Diagrams
- Raspberry Pi Operating System download
- Raspberry Pi Foundation, the official website
- Major Upgrades on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
- 1 x Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB board