- This is Raspberry Pi Zero WH (Wireless with Header). If you are looking for other Raspberry Pi Zero boards, here is Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3 (Without Wireless) and Raspberry Pi Zero W (Wireless -WiFi and Bluetooth).
- We recommend getting the Starter Kit with all the essential parts to get started. You save more if you get the kit.
Since we carry Raspberry Pi Zero W (Wireless) in 2017, it has been a blast. Many creative and innovative projects have been created! But soldering the 40-pin headers onto Zero W is not everyone's favorite task, especially beginners. Some might not have the right tools to do it.
And here you are the Raspberry Pi Zero WH, pre-soldered with 2x20 header pins at the factory directly from Raspberry Pi Foundation. This will helps in hardware prototyping.
This is a super low-cost single-board computer. Hey! With just under RM100, you get a working computer, it is cheaper than any Arduino controller board with a 32-bit processor. Even better, this WH version not only comes with WiFi and Bluetooth ready, but the 40-pin GPIO is also pre-soldered.
The new Raspberry Pi Zero WH offers all the benefits of the Pi Zero v1.3, but with one big difference – built-in Wireless (WiFi and Bluetooth)! More specifically, this giant upgrade is the addition of a BCM43143 WiFi chip BUILT-IN to your Raspberry Pi Zero – just like the Pi 3! No more pesky WiFi adapters - this Pi is WiFi ready. There’s also Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board making the Pi an excellent IoT solution.
Raspberry Pi Zero WH is a super-compact, hackable, and ultra-low-cost computer. This is the version with built-in WiFi, Bluetooth, and pre-soldered header pins.
With BCM 2835 (32-bit ARM-based processor) SoC running at 1GHz, the raspberry pi zero is faster than Raspberry Pi 1. With mini-HDMI, micro-B OTG USB, and the same 40-pin GPIO it still has great connectivity although you'll probably need some accessories to help you hook it up to your existing devices.
Yes, it is really attractive, but do bear in mind that you need additional accessories to get it running :) At least USB adapter and microSD card is a must. So we recommend the starter kit with:
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Zero WH
- 1 x Acrylic Case for Rpi Zero/Zero W (with heatsink)to protect the Raspberry Pi Zero W
- 1 x 16GB microSD card with SD card adapter (Raspberry Pi Brand), preloaded with NOOBS
- 1 x 5V 2.5A USB Adapter to power the Pi Zero W
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Wire Kit:
- 1 x HDMI mini to standard HDMI adapter/converter
- 1 x USB OTG cable (USB MicroB to USB Type-A receptor)
- 1 x 2x20 Header pin (For GPIO, although Zero WH already have)
Raspberry Pi Zero WH Features and Specs:
- Processor: BCM 2835 SOC
- Clock speed: 1GHz
- RAM: 512MB
- Built-in Wireless: BCM43143, WiFi + Bluetooth 4.1 + BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), same as Raspberry Pi 3.
- Memory: micro-SD
- Display and Audio: mini-HDMI
- USB Port: 1 x micro-B USB for data (with power too)
- Power input: 1 x Micro-B USB for power (no data)
- Camera interface: CSI camera connector (needs adaptor cable, 0.5mm pitch to pitch CSI)
- GPIO: Pre-soldered 40-pin GPIO connector, compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero v1.3 and Raspberry Pi 3.
- Compatibility of GPIO: Compatible with existing HAT addons
- Dimensions: 65mm x 30mm x 5mm
OK, for those that bought Raspberry Pi Zero WH and misses the accessories to get it running, here are our recommended stuff:
- A good quality 5V power supply - we suggest 5V 2.5A with cable - this will allow you to power the Zero W from a wall adapter. It is not suggested to power the Zero from a computer USB port as the voltage often sags and can cause SD card corruption!
- 16GB microSD Card with Operating System - This 16GB is preloaded with NOOBS (New Out Of Box Software) and it comes all the way from the UK, Raspberry Pi Foundation. Of course, you can also get microSD card from a computer store, load with preffered operating system and boot it up. Make sure you have the latest version!
- Mini HDMI to HDMI Adapter, or Mini HDMI to standard HDMI cable - Will let you convert the little port on the Zero W to a standard sized HDMI jack. You can get 1080P HDMI video + audio out of this little computer!
- USB OTG Cable - This lets you plug in a normal USB device such as WiFi dongle, USB hub, keyboard, mouse, etc into the Zero.
- USB Console cable (UC00A or UC00C) - If you want to go headless (without monitor and other accessories) which you're not going to stick an HDMI monitor on there, then this is essential, you connect the wires to the GPIO pins and log in over a serial console. Its the easiest & fastest way to get on your Pi.
And if you want a better computing experience with this tiny computer, we recommend getting:
- Acrylic case for Raspberry Pi Zero/W- Cytron Raspberry Pi Zero/W/WH Acrylic enclosure. Keeps your Pi Zero W safe and sleek. Or you can get the official Raspberry Pi Casing.
- Mini Wireless Keyboard w/Trackpad - Requires only one USB port, which makes it a great match for the Pi Zero WH
- Pi T-Cobbler - When paired with the male 2x20 pin header, you can use your Pi Zero WH with a breadboard to connect sensors, LEDs, motors and more!
Note: Some boards are made in the UK, some in China. WE DO NOT KNOW IN ADVANCE WHICH ONES YOU MAY RECEIVE!
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Zero WH board
- Beginner's Book 1 by MagPi - Beginner Guide from MagPi (Official Raspberry Pi Magazine), in pdf.
- Getting Started with Raspberry Pi Zero/Zero W
- Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3 (Same across Raspberry Pi Zero Series) Mechanical Drawing
- Pi Camera Application