Well, micro:bit is the latest hot controller in town. With the easy to use graphic programming layout on makecode and straight forward hardware interface, you can get started less than 5 minutes. This is an add-on board for micro:bit to control RC servo motors, 16 servo motors to be exact :).
RC servo has been very popular in building robotic arm and simple mechanism that requires actuation. You will encounter the PWM output limitation of micro:bit when trying to control more RC servo motors. We quite understand that situation, and this servo module is an excellent solution. This handy servo driver breakout would be your ideal choice.
- micro:bit edge connector, directly pluggable
- I2C controlled, using only 2 pins
- Up to 16-Channel servo/PWM outputs, 12-bit resolution for each channel (4096 scales)
- Integrates 5V regulator, up to 3A output current, can be powered from battery through VIN terminal
- Standard servo interface, supports common used servo such as SG90, MG90S, MG996R, etc.
- Reserved I2C control pins, allows to work with other control boards
- Comes with development resources and manual (micro:bit graphical examples like Bluetooth/2.4G wir eless remote control)
- Power supply: 5V (POWER connector) OR 6V~12V (VIN terminal)
- Servo voltage: 5V
- Logic voltage: 3.3V
- Driver: PCA9685
- Control interface: I2C
- Dimension: 65mm x 36mm
- Mounting hole size: 3.0mm
- 1 x Servo Driver board for microbit