Note: This is Sonoff RFR2 (Rev 2.0) which does not come with DIY mode for loading new firmware via wireless. If you are using it with eWeLink, it is the same as Sonoff RFR3.
Yes, the famous IoT (Internet of Things) from Sonoff/Itead Studio is finally here, on Cytron Marketplace. We like it because it is an actual consumer-grade product that can be used right out of the box, and because it uses the famous ESP8285 (which is similar to ESP8266) on the device, it can be hacked too :) Although you will void the warranty of the product, it never stops the maker spirit. So what is Sonoff Smart Switch, it turns your devices into the smart item. This RFR2 smart switch can also be paired with RM433 remote controller. Check this video for the unboxing, easy setup, pairing the RFR2 with eWeLink, and also the RM433 remote control, in less than 5 minutes :)
* Video shows the pairing using RFR3, is the same as RFR2
Check out this video by a user, Csongor Varga:
This is a WiFi Smart Switch that is possible to control connected devices via the eWeLink directly from your smartphone or ask it to turn on/off devices with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
Unlike the BASICR3, RFR2 provides you extra control helper - the matched RM 433 remote controller. Just choose the control way you preferred, simply set a timer to let your devices switch on/off automatically at a pre-set time through a day. For example, prepare your coffee maker in the evening, and a cup of coffee is ready for you the next morning. Compatible with the IFTTT function, and you can make more actions happen to trigger other devices or receive a notification on your phone once the action was triggered.
Along with support for smart scenes, just set a device to turn on/off to make another or a boatload of devices turn on/off. The LAN control is designed for situations which no available Wi-Fi connection, or an unsteady Wi-Fi network environment. A convenient option that is share control is capable of allowing you to manage the same device with your family or friends together, simply share it on the eWeLink app to try.
Note: Sonoff RFR2 comes with a 433MHz RF receiver module. If you want a smart switch without RF function, please get yourself the Sonoff BASICR3.
Note: As this device deals with HIGH VOLTAGE Electricity, please be cautious when using it.
Features and Spec:
- RFR2 comes with an additional control option: The 433MHz Remote Control (get it separately here)
- Remote ON/OFF: Turn electrical devices on/off from anywhere
- App Support: Free iOS and Android mobile App eWeLink
- LAN Control: Turn on/off the device even when WiFi has no Internet access
- Sync Status: Real-time device status provided to App
- Timing: Set scheduled/countdown/loop timers to turn on/off at a specified time
- Share Control: Control your smart home together with your family
- Scene: Turn on/off a group of devices with one tap
- Smart Scene: Triggered on/off by temp, hum or other environmental conditions from sensor
- Compatibility: Works perfectly with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT, Google Nest
- NO DIY mode
- Voltage Input: 90-250V AC(50/60Hz)
- Max. Current: 10A
- Max. Power: 2200W
- Dimensions: 88*38*23mm (L*W*H)
- Wireless Standard: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz WiFi & 433.92MHz RF
- Humidity: 5%-90%RH, Non-condensing
- Operating Temperature: 0ºC-40ºC(32°F-104°F)
- Enclosure Material: Fire-retardant ABS V0
- Weight: 67g
- Color: White
- 1 x Sonoff RFR2 - WiFi RF Smart Switch (NO DIY MODE)
- 4 x Screw for mounting the wire fastener
- 2 x Wire fastener