Serial communication is most popular interface between device and this applies to microcontroller and computer. UART is one of those serial interfaces. Classically, most serial interface from microcontroller to computer is done through serial port (DB9). However, since computer serial port used RS232 protocol and microcontroller used TTL UART, a level shifter is needed between these interfaces. Recently, serial port of computer have been phase out, it have been replaced with USB. Of course most developer chooses USB to serial converter to obtain virtual serial port. The level shifter is still necessary for UART interface. Thus, Cytron decided to develop a USB to UART converter which offers USB plug and play, direct interface with microcontroller and it provide low current 5V supply from USB port.
This product offers low cost USB to UART converter to user. Make you easy to connect a microcontroller project to a PC. Compare to UC00A which is USB 2.0 speed, this product use a low cost USB 1.1 speed of chip and the driver can support Windows Operating System only, no driver for LINUX or Mac. However, it is more than enough in most of the projects. It has been designed with capabilities and features of:
- USB Specification v1.1
- Tested with the baud rate up to 115200 bps.
- Low cost USB to UART converter
- Easy to use, aiming development between computer and microcontroller, 3.3V or 5V logic.
- USB powered, no external source is required to use this converter
- Configurable for 3.3V/5V UART interface.
- Easy to use 6 pin interface: TXD, RXD, GND, DTR, RTS and VCC (5V or 3.3V).
Dimension: 53mm x 15mm
- Serial Loopback test, to verify the working condition of UC00B
|User's Manual V1.0 June 2011||06/03/2019||N/A||Download|
|Driver Installer v1.3.0||06/03/2019||N/A||Download|
|Driver Installer v1.5.0||06/03/2019||N/A||Download|
|Steps to install driver on WIn8||06/03/2019||N/A||Download|