Xbee radios are an awesome way to add wireless capability to your Arduino project and now it's even easier with the XBee Shield. The shield form-factor mates directly with any dev board that has an Arduino standard footprint and equips it with wireless communication capabilities using the popular XBee module, or other Xbee compatible module (BlueBee, XBee Series 2, XBee-WiFi). This unit works with all XBee modules including the Series 1 and 2, standard and Pro versions, not to forget the XBee-WiFi and BlueBee.
The serial pins (DIN and DOUT) of the XBee are connected through jumpers, which allows you to select a connection to either the UART pins (D0, D1) or any digital pins on the Arduino D0, D1, D2, D3, D8, D9, D10 and D11. It even provides the option to connect XBee UART pin to USB's UART pin. This feature offers flexibility to use hardware UART or softserial on Arduino. Power is taken from the 5V pin of the Arduino and regulated on-board to 3.3VDC before being supplied to the XBee. The shield also takes care of level shifting on the DIN and DOUT pins of the XBee.
The board also includes LEDs to indicate power and activity on DIN, DOUT, RSSI, and DIO5(ASSOC) pins of the XBee. The Arduino's reset button is brought out on the shield, and we reserve a space with 0.1" holes for prototyping. The shield does come with headers installed.
- Mounts directly onto your Arduino
- DIN and DOUT pins of XBee can be connected to either the USB's UART pins or other digital pin on the Arduino (D0, D1, D2, D3, D8, D9, D10, D11)
- 3.3V power regulation and proper level shifting on-board communication between 5V and 3.3V
- Extra 0.1" spaced prototyping holes
- Reset button brought out to shield
- Power, DIN, DOUT, RSSI and DIO5 indicator LEDs
- Dimension: 68.58mm x 53.34mm