- This is Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3 (Not W), please get the Raspberry Pi Zero W or Raspberry Pi Zero WH, if you are looking for those boards.
- Due to popularity, Raspberry Pi Zero and Zero W are limited to 1 piece per person. Yes, one piece per person! If you want more, please consider Raspberry Pi Zero WH which does not have this constraint.
- We recommend getting the Starter Kit with all the essential parts to get started. You save more if you get it in a kit.
Yes, it is finally here. Raspberry Pi Zero (This is V1.3 and Not W version) is available on the Cytron marketplace. This is a super cheap (USD 5.00 at retail) single-board computer. Hey! With just RM25.00, you get a working computer, it is cheaper than any Arduino controller board. It is not a working computer yet, but at least you have the motherboard :)
Raspberry Pi Zero is a super-compact, hackable, and ultra-low-cost computer, This is the latest version (V1.3) with a camera connector (CSI 0.5mm pitch to pitch).
Let's see how Eben Upton (CEO of Raspberry Pi) introduce Raspberry Pi Zero:
With BCM 2835 (32-bit ARM-based processor) SoC running at 1GHz, the raspberry pi zero is faster that Raspberry Pi 1. With mini-HDMI, micro-B OTG USB, and the same 40-pin GPIO it still has great connectivity although you'll probably need some accessories to help you hook it up to your existing devices.
Yes, it is really attractive, but do bear in mind that you need additional accessories to get it running :) At least USB adapter and microSD is a must. So we recommend the starter kit with:
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Zero
- 1 x Acrylic Case for Rpi Zero/Zero W to protect the Raspberry Pi Zero
- 1 x 8GB microSD card with SD card adapter (Raspberry Pi Brand)
- 1 x 5V 2.5A USB Adapter to power it
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Wire Kit:
- 1 x HDMI mini to standard HDMI adapter/converter
- 1 x USB OTG cable (USB MicroB to USB Type-A receptor)
- 1 x 2x20 Header pin (For GPIO)
Raspberry Pi Zero Features and Specs:
- Processor: BCM 2835 SOC
- Clock speed: 1GHz
- RAM: 512MB
- Memory: micro-SD
- Display and Audio: mini-HDMI
- USB Port: 1 x Micro-B USB for data (with power too)
- Power input: 1x micro-B USB for power (no data)
- Camera interface: CSI camera connector (needs adaptor cable, 0.5mm pitch to pitch CSI)
- GPIO: Unpopulated 40-pin GPIO connector
- Compatibility of GPIO: Compatible with existing HAT addons
- Dimensions: 65mm x 30mm x 5mm
OK, for those that bought Raspberry Pi Zero and misses the accessories to get it up, here are our recommended stuff:
- A good quality 5V power supply - we suggest 5V 2.5A with cable - this will allow you to power the Zero from a wall adapter. It is not suggested to power the Zero from a computer USB port as the voltage often sags and can cause SD card corruption!
- 16GB MicroSD Card with Operating System - This 16GB is preloaded with NOOBS (New Out Of Box Software) and it comes all the way from the UK, Raspberry Pi Foundation. Of course, you can also get a microSD card from the computer shop, load with preffered operating system and boot it up. Make sure you have the latest version!
- Mini HDMI to HDMI Adapter, or Mini HDMI to standard HDMI cable - Will let you convert the little port on the Zero to a standard sized HDMI jack. You can get 1080P HDMI video + audio out of this little computer!
- USB OTG Cable - Lets you plug in a normal USB device such as WiFi dongle, USB hub, keyboard, mouse, etc into the Zero.
- USB Console cable (UC00A or UC00C) - If you want to go headless (without monitor and other accessories) which you're not going to stick an HDMI monitor on there, then this is essential, you connect the wires to the GPIO pins and log in over a serial console. Its the easiest & fastest way to get on your Pi.
- 2x20 Male header strip - Solder this in to plug in Pi HATs, GPIO cables, etc as you would into a normal Pi. But you are not good in soldering or does not have soldering tools, please consider getting Raspberry Pi Zero WH which comes pre-soldered with 40-pin headers.
Note: Warranty is void if 40-pin GPIO is soldered, please consider getting the WH version where the 40-pin GPIO is presoldered from factory.
And if you want a better computing experience with this tiny computer, we recommend getting:
- Acrylic case for Raspberry Pi Zero/W- Cytron Raspberry Pi Zero or Zero W or Zero WH Acrylic enclosure. Keeps your Pi Zero safe and sleek. Or you can get the official Raspberry Pi Casing.
- Mini Wireless Keyboard w/Trackpad - Requires only one USB port, which makes it a great match for the Pi Zero
- Pi T-Cobbler - When paired with the male 2x20 pin header, you can use your Pi Zero with a breadboard to connect sensors, LEDs, motors and more!
Note: Some boards are made in the UK, some in China. WE DO NOT KNOW IN ADVANCE WHICH ONES YOU MAY RECEIVE!
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3 board
- Getting Started with Raspberry Pi Zero/Zero W
- Pi Camera Application
- Hardware Specification from Raspberry Pi Foundation
- Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3 Mechanical Drawing
Learn RASPBERRY PI ZERO ONLINE COURSE:
Part 1: Raspberry Pi Zero Online Course - SSH Remote Desktop Connection, In BM with English Subtitle
Part 3: Rasberry Pi Zero Online Course - GPIO (Control Input), In BM with English Subtitle
Part 4: Raspberry Pi Zero Online Course - Auto-Run Program, In BM with English Subtitle
Part 5: Raspberry Pi Zero Vs Raspberry Pi 3B+, In BM with English Subtitle